What better place to enjoy the sport of boating than in the beautiful, sunny state of California? This beautiful state has lots to offer, but when boating in California, you’ll have more options than you could ever imagine. With so much ocean front coastline, the boating adventures that await you in California can be the best you’ve ever had.
While California ranks second to Florida in boating registrations, it still is a very popular boating destination for many people. Besides ocean cruising, California also has many lakes and rivers available to boating enthusiasts.
All types of boating can be done in California. From kayaking to speed boating to cabin cruising, you can find all sorts of boating opportunities on the West coast. Where are some of the more popular boating locations in California? Beside the obvious Pacific Ocean, here are a few to try out:
* Lake Berryessa in Sonoma County is a great place for power boating and water skiing. There are also some great places to swim and picnic.
* Clear Lake is a little bit north of Lake Berryessa which is another great place for skiing and sunning.
* Lake Tahoe is one of the most popular boating destinations in California. It is well known for all sorts of water activities. Tahoe boasts hot summer days and cool nights which makes it a beautiful place for boating, relaxing, and camping.
* Shasta Lake is more inland and is located in Northern California. Lake Shasta offers swimming, wakeboarding, waterskiing, and all kinds of boating, including houseboat rentals for those who never want to leave sight of the water. Lake Shasta is around 150 miles north of Sacramento, and is a vacation paradise for trout fishing, camping and outdoor fun all within sight of beautiful Mount Shasta.
* The San Francisco Bay area has many marinas and boating clubs dotting the coastline. Its location makes it a great place to shove off for a week-long cabin cruise, or take in a day of sailing. The bay area is also very popular with yachters as is evidenced by the many yacht clubs located in the area.
Fishing is a big part of California boating. You can catch everything from river trout to largemouth bass and Coho salmon in the waters of California. Because this is a such a popular boating destination, you can enjoy boating in California even if you don’t own your own boat. Boat rentals abound for anyone who wants to enjoy the waters in this beautiful state.
The weather is beautiful in California making it a great place for boating. You can find so many other destinations than the ones listed above. California is truly a boating paradise. Happy boating!